This is the payment page for teams who are registered and accepted to participate at one or more of the Western PA FLL Tournament Events for 2013. (Teams that have not yet registered and identified their preferences for specific Regional Majors and Scrimmages must do so at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WPA_FLL_Registration.)
- Please choose the number of teams you are registering from the drop down menu!
For Example: If you have 2 teams, please select "2 Teams"
- You must also type in the team numbers in the provided text fields!
For Example: If you have two teams, type in team numbers for "Team number (Team 1)" and "Team number (Team 2)"
Scrimmages (easy opportunities to just come out and try stuff – Table game only)
Low-pressure opportunities to come out as a team for the robot portion only - to try out parts of the challenge, get new ideas and help serve as a gentle "forcing function" for teams to be making progress. Participation in the Scrimmages is lots of fun, but completely optional for teams (so there’s no need to panic). The dates for the Scrimmages will be:
- Oct 26 - Shady Side Academy, Sewickley, PA
- Nov 2 - Sewickley Academy, Pittsburgh, PA
- Nov 9 - Westminster College , New Wilmington, PA
- Nov 9 - The Ellis School, Pittsburgh, PA
- Nov 16 - Saints Peter and Paul School, Beaver, PA
- Nov 23 - (currently open for additional scrimmages to be scheduled)
Regional Majors (the big competitions for the year – Awards in all categories)
Comprehensive, fully-judged, major robotics competitions. Awards will be provided to the top performers at each Regional Major event for Table Performance, Robot Design/Programming, Research/Project, Teamwork, and Overall Excellence (across categories). The Top 4 overall performers at each regional event will also be automatically advanced to the January Grand Championship. Other teams will be added to a pool of teams that will be ranked across all of the Regional Majors to determine the final competitive field for the Grand Championship.
- Dec 7 - Regional Major Hosted by Sewickley Academy (qualifying event)
- Dec 14 - Regional Major Hosted by Shady Side Academy (qualifying event)
- Jan 4 - Regional Major Hosted by The Alpha School and LaRoche College (qualifying event)
- Jan 11 - Possible fourth qualifying event at a site to be finalized
For the teams that qualify, this will be the premier competitive event of the season. The top teams in Western PA will come together for a day of fun and competition hosted at Carnegie Robotics' newly renovated space in Pittsburgh. As many of you are aware, we needed to find a new space for the FLL championship and we are extremely grateful to Carnegie Robotics for opening up this opportunity for us. Carnegie Robotics is building a world class robotics innovation and production facility and is generously offering to provide their inspirational facility for the STEM-crazed FLL Teams when the space is finished in February. The date for the championship will therefor be
- February 22, 2014 – Western PA FLL Grand Championship hosted by Carnegie Robotics (note, this is a new location for FLL)
If you would like to pay by Check:
Make the Check to "Robomatter" with "FLL" and your "Team #" on the memo, and send it to:
1151 Freeport Rd. Suite 161
Pittsburgh, PA 15238-3103
If you would like to pay by Purchase Order (PO):
Call or Fax us the Purchase Order (PO) below:
If you have questions about paying with a Purchase Order, please contact us.
If you have any questions about how to pay or are confused about this payment page, please email Vu Nguyen at email@example.com.
If you have questions about your registration with the competition itself, please email Gordon Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org.